When the technology has reached a level where everything mostly can be done in press of the button, how can the companies be behind in inventing anything and everything? To avoid the car drivers being distracted with the phone calls, messaging services or any other smartphones controls leading to increase number of accidents, Navdy recently introduced a portable HUD for cars in San Francisco.
It’s a head-up display made like the commercial airline pilot uses while landing. So now one can consider using this device Navdy to consider them sitting in a plane and being the pilot of their own car. To avoid flying too much in air and distracting yourself, this display device is less distracting than the dashboard controls or rather less distracting than the fumbling of smartphones while driving.
Also read: Microsoft to join the bandwagon of smart watch.
Benefits of Navdy – Device for Car Drivers to Avoid Accidents
There are certain benefits you would like about Navdy:
- Any kind of car can use it
- Uses a gesture-based control system meaning with a little efforts for trial and error method and once can use it to interact with it without much problem.
- One can control the music, messaging and more using the apps on your phone (Android and iPhone).
- It looks nice and useful.
- Wireless connectivity to the phone.
- Dictate a tweet, reply to a text with your voice! Its simple.
- Access to Notifications of Facebook, Twitter and other apps on the go
Already excited to owe one? Its not over. There are certain key features included with Navdy :
- 5.1″ wide transparent Head-Up Display (HUD)
- High quality projector
- Dual core processor running Android 4.4
- IR camera for touchless gesture control
- Navdy has WiFi (802.11 b/g/n), Bluetooth 4.0/LE
- Audio out via Bluetooth or 3.5mm minijack
- Accelerometer, e-compass, ambient light sensor
- mini-USB port
- Internal speaker and microphone with noise canceling DSP
- OBD-II power and data connection to car
- Optional 12 volt power adapter
- Portable, bendable, non-marking, powered friction mount, with magnetic connection to the device
Navdy Device Dimensions (excluding mount): width: 130mm, depth: 140mm, height: 95mm (including display)
One can easily order through its website. The device will be available for pre-order for $299, which isn’t bad! Roughly INR 18000 is like a lot of features and benefits with such a device. So hurry up because the retail price is expected to be $499. With shipment starting early 2015, one can definitely wait for the time which will going be worth it! So stay on the go with your friends, plan a coffee date with your lover without stopping on your wheels and get going in this techno savvy world! Trust me its worth the time.